In 2010, Gelal initiated a new investment within Turkey, building a new Manufacturing Unit. The idea is to allocate to this new unit the production of high volume items at more competitive price-points.
The new Manufacturing Unit will be built and certified according to:
- Compliance with all environmental regulations
- Pollution prevention
- Conserving energy, water and other natural resources
- Reducing waste
- Controlling chemicals & hazardous materials
- Tracking resource use
- Educating employees and customers
- Introducing green practices to other businesses
In November 2008 under an initiative and in collaboration with the German company Intechnica, Gelal participated in the organization of a two-days workshop on energy efficiency, which took place in the Factory. In Gelal’s culture, energy-savings programmes are the best way to save capital, safeguard production performance, protect against future energy, price rises and tax increases, plus of course any tangible benefits to the environment.